Date and Time:
June 7, 2017 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Hotel Orchid, Mumbai, India
Achromic Point Events would proudly like to announce its association with Vaish Associates Advocates as its Knowledge Partner for its upcoming seminar on “Drafting and Negotiation of Commercial Contracts” in the city of Mumbai on June 7, 2017.
In today’s competitive corporate environment, drafting commercial contracts is an important part of business operations. Business transactions are mainly governed by contracts and hence it is necessary that contracts be aligned with business predictions. It requires legal and contract professionals to be well versed with the drafting techniques and expertise to foresee the risk and have futuristic thinking to handle contracts in the best interest of their organization.
This one day workshop will address:-
- Issues and challenges faced by professionals and private practitioners in drafting, negotiating and managing contracts.
- Mastering innovative negotiation skills.
- Understand the new trends of procurement fraud and other risks and how to mitigate them.
- Simultaneously, you will also be updated of the fall outs of having a poor contract and learn best practices to mitigate this risk.
Topics being covered:-
CONSTITUENTS OF COMMERCIAL CONTRACT – DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL
- Formation of Contracts – Techniques in drafting contracts
- Difference between letter of Intent, an Agreement and a contract
- Converting MoU, Letter of Intent into a formal Contract
- Force Majeure, indemnity, warranty, Limitation of liability, Damages, Procurement Contract
- Governing Laws
HANDS-ON WORKSHOP ON NEGOTIATION AND DRAFTING
- Understanding the needs of negotiating parties
- Planning and conducting Negotiation
- Determining the rights and obligation of parties
- Plain & Direct Communication
- Techniques in Drafting Domestic Contract
- Technique of Drafting International Contract
o Analyzing the key elements in cross border agreement
o Addressing Various jurisdiction issue: Complying with overseas jurisdiction & coinciding with the rule
- Overview of recent case
- Understanding & identifying dispute prone areas
- Possible consequences and the medium of dispute resolution mechanisms
- Remedies for disputes emerging from contracts
- Considering fairness in dismissal disputes
- Transfers and insolvency
- Arti Narsana – Principal Associate, Vaish Associates Advocates
- NPS Chawla – Associate Partner, Vaish Associates Advocates