Date and Time:
May 22, 2014 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Hotel Radisson GRT, Chennai, India
Greetings from Achromic Point!
I would like to take this opportunity to inform and invite you to our upcoming “Workshop on Companies Act 2013” in Chennai on 22nd & 23rd May 2014.
The long-awaited Companies Bill 2013 got its assent in the Lok Sabha on 18 December 2012 and in the Rajya Sabha on 8 August 2013. After having obtained the assent of the President of India on 29 August 2013, it has now become the much awaited Companies Act, 2013 (2013 Act). An attempt has been made to reduce the content of the substantive portion of the related law in the Companies Act, 2013 as compared to the Companies Act, 1956 (1956 Act). In the process, much of the aforesaid content has been left, ‘to be prescribed’, in the Rules (340+) which are yet to be finalised and notified. As of the date of this publication, 99 sections have been notified and a few circulars have been issued clarifying the applicability of these.
The 2013 Act introduces significant changes in the provisions related to governance, e-management, compliance and enforcement, disclosure norms, auditors and mergers and acquisitions. Also, new concepts such as one-person company, small companies, dormant company, class action suits,
registered valuers and corporate social responsibility have been included.
Topics Being Covered:
• Overall changes in Companies Act
• Management, Administration & Corporate Governance
• Mergers & Acquisitions
• Related Party Transactions
• Share Capital and Deposits
• Audit and Accounting aspects
• Internal Financial Controls
• Investor Protection &Corporate Social Responsibility
• Ravi Veeraraghavan – Senior Director, Deloitte
• Sekkizhar Balasubramanian – Director, Deloitte
• Raghu Babu – Founding Partner, R & A Associates
• Prasanth Hariharan – Senior Manager, Deloitte
I look forward to receiving your confirmation of attending this event with your team.