Date and Time:
September 14, 2016 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Hotel Eros, New Delhi, India
Achromic Point take this opportunity to inform and invite you to our upcoming “Masterclass on GST” in the city of New Delhi on 14th September 2016 at Hotel EROS, Nehru Place.
GST Bill Gets President’s Assent, and now becomes a LAW
The Long Awaited, The Passage of the 122nd Constitutional Amendment Bill 2014 got it assent in the Upper House of Parliament on 3rd August 2016. After having obtained the assent of the President of India on 8th September 2016, it has now becomes Law. It is a historic step in steering India towards the most noteworthy Indirect Tax reforms witnessed since Independence.
The government targets to implement the GST system from 1 April, 2017. The Centre will have to pass the Central GST and Integrated GST Bills, while the states will need to approve their respective GST legislations.
The Impact of GST will not only be felt by the Finance/Tax function of a company but across all the functions including legal, IT, Supply chain, operations etc. and it is the larger need of hour for all of us to understand the key impact areas arising out of GST and firm up the important action points to ensure a smooth transition into this new regime.
This one day robust masterclass will provide a deep insight into the key changes that will come into the play across the entire gamut of operations of an enterprise and will make participants understand the impact of GST on their respective areas.
GOODS & SERVICE TAX – CONCEPT
- What is GST and How it operates?
- Why GST is considered as a preferred tax structure
o Global Scenario
OVERVIEW OF PROPOSED GST STRUCTURE AND ITS IMPLICATIONS ON TRADE & INDUSTRY
- Proposed model of GST for Indian Federalism
o Consequences for Tax Payers; State & Central Governments
o Suggested Model of GST
- How to prepare for GST
GOODS & SERVICE TAX – TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
- Supply of Goods & Services
- Intra-State Transactions
- Inter State Transactions – IGST Model
- Importance of Place of Supply Rules for chargeability of GST on Services
- Migration from existing Indirect Tax to GST
- GST: Implementation and Transitional Issues
IMPACT OF GST ON GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT OF COMMON ECONOMIC MARKET
GST IN SPECIALIZED INDUSTRY SECTORS
- Constructions & Real Estates
- Consumer Goods/FMCG
- Road/ Power & other Infrastructure
- Bimal Jain Executive Director, A2Z Corp LLP, Chairman of Indirect Tax Committee, PHD Chamber of Commerce
- Manish Mishra Partner, Indirect Tax, Grant Thornton
- Himanshu Goel AVP, Tax & Regulatory Services, T R Chadha & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants
*More speakers from Industry to Join in