Date and Time:
February 10, 2017 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Hotel Eros, New Delhi, India
Achromic Point seeks your participation for upcoming seminar with IIA India on “Internal Audit – Managers Tools & Techniques” in the city of New Delhi on 10th & 11th February 2017.
Transitioning from Staff Auditor to Senior Management of an Audit Team means learning and mastering an entirely new skill set. Audit managers must not only be efficient auditors, but also effective communicators, teachers, and active listeners.
This course focuses on providing new managers with the tools they need to lead effectively in an Internal Auditing Environment. Through practical exercises and case studies, participants will learn how to manage the roles and relationships of the diverse parties involved in the auditing process. Participants will learn how to maintain lines of communication with the CAE and executive management, and problem solve while motivating a team and delegating tasks.
* 16 CPE Hours
* Certificate from IIA India.
Topics being covered:-
o THE INTERNAL AUDIT DEPARTMENT’S STRUCTURE
- Identify the structure of the Internal Audit Department and the positions that make up a typical audit staff
- Identify the professional Standards that address staffing and managing the internal audit function
- Identify the key information that should be included in an organization’s mission statement and audit charter. Identify factors that impact how internal audit resources are implemented.
- Identify the elements of a typical audit cycle.
o SETTING THE TONE
- Identify the roles and responsibilities; knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA); and other factors that guide the vision and expectations of the CAE.
- Recognize the role of internal auditing within an organization.
- Recognize career options for internal auditors.
o INTERNAL AUDIT RELATIONSHIPS
o BUILDING RAPPORT
- Identify ways to establish clear and effective communication and practice building rapport.
- Identify tools and techniques to motivate people
- Motivate people using incentives and by understanding the hierarchy of needs.
- Recognize two types of personality profiling tools, the Myers Briggs Indicator and Neurolinguistic Communication Programming (NCP) and how they are applied.
- Identify styles of management
o MANAGING THE AUDIT
- Identify key elements of audit work papers and ways to manage them.
- Identify and practice methods for managing time, organizing, and prioritizing during an audit.
o TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
o AUDIT PLANNING
o MONITORING THE AUDIT PROCESS
o THE REPORTING PROCESS
- Identify ways internal auditors can provide value-added results to their organization.
- Identify audit report considerations and methodologies that add value for audit clients.
- Recognize details that the audit committee should be cognizant of
- Identify legislation surrounding internal control
o INNOVATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING
- Define innovation, innovation process, and innovative thinking.
- Identify the steps in the innovative problem solving process.
o MARKETING THE AUDIT FUNCTION
- Identify ways to market the audit function by promoting the profession and communicating with the audit committee.
- Mr. Sumant Chadha (Anchor Trainer) – Managing Partner, T R Chadha & Co. LLP
- Mr. Nikhel Kochhar – Chair Advocacy, IIA India
- Mr. Sidheshwar Bhalla – Director, Deloitte
- Mr. VGVS Sharma – IA Head, HCL Technologies Ltd