Date and Time:
August 31, 2016 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
India Habitat Centre, India
Achromic Point and BRICS CCI along with our knowledge partner Grant Thornton India LLP, and Our Associate Partner IIA India would like to invite you for our upcoming seminar on “Ind As – Future of Financial Reporting” scheduled in New Delhi on 31st August 2016 at India Habitat Centre.
India has now finally opened a new chapter in its accounting reforms initiative with the formal notification of Indian Accounting Standards (Ind-AS) issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) on 20 February 2015. 40 New Accounting Standards have been notified bringing them in convergence with the globally recognized International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
The first set of companies, popularly called “Phase 1 companies” have already moved to this new accounting platform with effect from 1 April 2016. Also, very soon the next set of companies, referred to as “Phase 2 companies” will need to kick-start the process of conversion of their first comparative period (FY 2016-17) from existing Indian GAAP to Ind-AS.
This one day workshop on practical insights into Ind AS will help you build the knowledge you need. Also the Delegates will get to know about the most current and emerging issues in IND-AS and will get the opportunity to discuss on the hot topics from the experts of different industry, offering practical solutions and will get a chance to interact with them to have their views.
Topics being covered
- Introduction – About Ind AS, MCA press release and way forward
- Overview of Ind AS – Presentation Requirements
- Property, Plant and Equipment and Investment Properties
- Financial Instruments – Ind As 109
- Leases – Ind As 17
- Group accounting: (Consolidation and Joint arrangements) – Ind As 110 & 111
- Service Concession arrangements – Ind As 18 (Appendix A)
- First Time Adoption of Ind As – Ind As 101
- Fair Value Measurement – Ind As 113
- Taxation under Ind-As Regime
- The Changing Role of Internal Audit in review of Accounting Policies.
- Mr. Ashish Gupta – Director, Grant Thornton Advisory Pvt. Ltd. & National Practice Leader – Financial Reporting Advisory Services
- Siddharth Talwar –Partner, Grant Thornton India LLP
- Keyur Dave –Director, Grant Thornton India LLP
- Vikarth Kumar –Partner, Grant Thornton India LLP
- Arun Chhabra – Director, Grant Thornton Advisory Pvt. Ltd.
- Sumant Chadha – President, IIA India
- Amarjit Chopra – Senior Partner, GSA & Associates
- Nilesh S. Vikamsey –Vice President, ICAI
- J D Agarwal –Chairman & Director, Indian Institute of Finance
- Pooja Singh –AGM, SEBI (Invited)
- M G Gupta – Director- Finance, MMTC
*Experts from Govt. of India, Grant Thornton India LLP and Industry to join in