Date and Time:
December 7, 2016 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hotel Sheraton Grand, Pune, India
Achromic Point take this opportunity to inform and invite you to our upcoming“Goods & Services Tax in India – Implementation & Transition” in the city of Pune on 7th December 2016.
GST Bill Gets President’s Assent, and now becomes a LAW
The Long Awaited, The Passage of the 122nd Constitutional Amendment Bill 2014 got it assent in the Upper House of Parliament on 3rd August 2016.After having obtained the assent of the President of India on 8th September 2016, it has now becomes Law. It is a historic step in steering India towards the most noteworthy Indirect Tax reforms witnessed since Independence.
The government targets to implement the GST system from 1 April, 2017. The Centre will have to pass the Central GST and Integrated GST Bills, while the states will need to approve their respective GST legislations.
The Impact of GST will not only be felt by the Finance/Tax function of a company but across all the functions including legal, IT, Supply chain, operations etc. and it is the larger need of hour for all of us to understand the key impact areas arising out of GST and firm up the important action points to ensure a smooth transition into this new regime.
This one day robust masterclass will provide a deep insight into the key changes that will come into the play across the entire gamut of operations of an enterprise and will make participants understand the impact of GST on their respective areas.
Model GST Law
- GST Implementation in other countries
- The GST model in India
- Meaning of Goods and Services
- Meaning and scope of supply
- Transitional provisions
- Point of Taxation
- Times of Supply Rules
GOODS & SERVICE TAX – TECHNICAL SESSION
- GST Structure / Design – S GST, C GST, & I GST
- Valuations, Compliance Processes – Registration, Returns, Payments and Refunds
- Assessments & Audits
- Transitional Provisions
- Taxation of Specific transactions like Works Contract, Job Works, Inter unit Transfers etc.
- GST Tax Invoice & Its Importance
- Input Tax Credit
GST COMPLIANCE (REGISTRATION, RETURNS, PAYMENTS & REFUNDS)
IMPLEMENTATION OF GST
- Key Areas of GST Readiness – Approach & Time Bound Action Plan
- Key Business Areas – Sourcing – SCM, Savings on Costs, Marketing, Logistics, Pricing
- IT Infrastructure for GST Compliance and GST Credits
- GST Education / Training to Inside & External
- GST Internal Department
- State wise GST Compliance- Manpower, Training, Accounting and Record Maintenance
- Checklist – Date wise targets for GST Implementation Team
- Sandeep Chilana – Partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas
- Aabha Lekhak – Director – Indirect Tax, PWC
*More speakers from Industry to Join in