Date and Time:
August 22, 2019 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Hotel Orchid, Mumbai, India
Achromic Point would like to invite you for our “Fraud, Risk & Compliance – Summit & Awards 2.0” in Mumbai on August 22, 2019 at Hotel Orchid.
Insurance fraud is one of the most serious problems facing insurers, insurance consumers and regulators. Its existence not only increases the cost of insurance, but also threatens the financial strength of insurers and negatively affects the availability of insurance. The corporate world has been gearing itself up for these challenges; and their risk management strategies have been demonstrating the adoption of a wider coverage of business activity. As a natural corollary, the risk management strategies of insurers would also need to take a fresh look at how they are geared up for eventualities. Further the Insurers shall be required to have an effective compliance function capable of assisting the insurer to meet its legal and regulatory obligations and promote and sustain a corporate culture of compliance and integrity.
The 2019 Achromic Point Risk Awards are being introduced to recognize achievement in the domain of risk management in the following categories:
|Award Categories||Conference Fees||Nomination Fees||Conference & Nomination Fees|
|Achromic Point Award for Operational Risk||INR 7,500||INR 20,000||INR 25,000|
|Achromic Point Award for Community Risk||INR 7,500||INR 20,000||INR 25,000|
|Achromic Point Award for Best Response to a Critical Incident||INR 7,500||INR 20,000||INR 25,000|
|Achromic Point Award for Best Use of Technology in Fraud Risk Management||INR 7,500||INR 20,000||INR 25,000|
|Achromic Point Award for Best Initiative in Combating Fraud||INR 7,500||INR 20,000||INR 25,000|
|Achromic Point Award for Organization on Fraud Risk Mitigation processes||INR 7,500||INR 20,000||INR 25,000|
|Achromic Point Award for Best Practices on Fraud Risk Mitigation||INR 7,500||INR 20,000||INR 25,000|
You are requested to solicit your nomination by filling in the details in the attached template.
Benefits of attending:
- To review existing fraud control mechanism in life insurance and suggest preventive and fraud control measures
- To understand the most demanding ways insurance companies should use to prevent life insurance fraud from customers perspective
- To rate the overall experience towards life insurance. Whether the same is negative, positive or neutral.
- To identify the drivers that contributes to fraudulent activity and steps to overcome them.
Who should attend?
|Ø CXOsØ Chief security officersØ Heads of Regulatory ComplianceØ AccountantsØ Chief Internal AuditorsØ Heads of Risk Management||Ø Heads of LegalØ Internal, External AuditorsØ Heads of Internal AuditØ Heads of Legal DepartmentØ In-house Legal Counsel|
Program Outline (Indicative):-
Session – 1
Risk management – Part of overall organization’s strategy
- Culture of risk / fraud management
- Direction from the top
Session – 2
Enhancing Your Fraud Risk Management Strategy
- Talk 1 – Financial Fraud Risk in insurance & BFSI sector
- Talk 2 – Forensic and Digital Fraud in insurance & BFSI sector
- Are you seeking to benchmark your organization’s fraud risk management strategy? Would you like to learn more about the challenges and successes other organizations have experienced in implementing a holistic anti-fraud program? In this session, you’ll hear from anti-fraud leaders in a variety of industries about how they’ve effectively organized the fraud risk management functions at their organizations. Participants will discuss best practices in program governance, usage of forensic investigation tools and oversight, the allocation of fraud risk among the three lines of defense, and the design and implementation of specific components of the program.
You Will Learn How To:
- Benchmark your organization’s fraud risk management strategy and program
- Effectively organize the fraud risk management function within your organization
- Apply best practices in fraud risk oversight, prevention, detection and response
Session – 3
Compliance and Investigations: Current and Future Perspectives
Increasingly aggressive global enforcement of anti-bribery and anti-corruption (ABAC) laws has amplified the frequency of cases, the magnitude of fines and disgorgement, and the effort required by companies to stay compliant. This panel will discuss why the risks of non-compliance to companies act, AML, regulatory risk requirement continue to be a top corporate issue and what you can expect going forward. Topics will include the expanding globalization of compliance requirement and investigative involvement, coordinating cyber prevention and detection equation, Data Protection Regulation and its possible effect on the investigative process, expanding legal and accounting complexities, and the continuing risk of serious financial and reputational harm to corporations and individuals in management positions.
You Will Learn How To:
- Recognize factors that compound the risk of non-compliance in financial sector
- Coordinate cybersecurity and data protection initiatives
Session – 4
The Future of Fraud Analytics
Analytical modeling has been a mainstay of leading fraud and financial crimes programs for years. Supervised predictive modeling, network analytics and unstructured text mining are key to detecting and preventing suspicious activity. But as fraudsters become increasingly sophisticated in their schemes, organizations are looking for ways to take their fraud detection efforts to the next level. Artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotic process automation are at the forefront of those efforts. Hear from a panel of experts and practitioners how they are leveraging analytics in their fraud programs and what types of new technology they are exploring for the future. Learn how to harness these technologies to safeguard your organization and proactively deter fraudsters.
You Will Learn How To:
- Apply data analytics best practices in preventing, detecting, and investigating fraud
- Incorporate emerging technologies into your data analytics and anti-fraud initiatives
- Hardik Sheth
Head-Internal Audit & Risk Management, Tech Mahindra Business Services
- S V Sunderkrishnan
Chief Risk Officer, Reliance Nippon Life Insurance Company Limited
- Anand Trivedi
General Manager- Cybersecurity Services, TUV SUD South Asia
- Akash Bafna
Managing Partner, Immensa Capital
- Alok Saraswat
Head – Fraud Control Unit, Max Bupa
- Asish Saraf
SVP & Head- Management Assurance and Audit, Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Limited
- Anirban Banerjee
TCS BFSI CBO – DERM Head
- Harshit Baxi
Head- Internal Audit & Risk Management, Firstsourse
- Susheel Gupta
Head Compliance, Reliance Health Insurance Limited
- Vicky Shah
- Jasmeet Singh
Head- Risk Containment Unit, Reliance General Insurance Company Limited
- Vishal R Bhatia
Head Infosec – Banking, FIS Global
- GK Gupta
Vice President- Internal Assurance, Max Life Insurance
- Nirmal Paul
Head- Fraud Prevention Unit, Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company
- Shailesh Verma
Chief & Head- Digital Transaction Monitoring Department, Axis Bank Ltd.
*More speakers to join in from the industry.