Date and Time:
September 13, 2019 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Hotel Le Meridien - Bengaluru, India
IIA India (Content Partner) along with Achromic Point (Marketing Partner) would like to invite you for our upcoming Course on “Enterprise Risk Management: A Driver for Organizational Success” in Bengaluru on 13th – 14th September, 2019.
ERM is not a process, a tool, a department, or a list of risks – it is how an organization makes better business decisions. COSO recently updated the ERM Framework with increased emphasis on recognition that risk management is fundamental for an organization to align its actions with its strategy.
At the same time, ISO is nearly finished updating its standard 31000. With the advent of these two significant updates, it is time to reconsider the foundations of risk and risk management. Every organization is in the “risk management” business as managing risk is part of nearly everything an organization does.
This course unpacks the theory behind ERM with group activities and real-world scenarios to help you apply the concepts of risk management.
This course is designed for internal auditors with at least 3 years of experience who are involved in the ERM process, as well as managers and other professionals who deal with the complexities of ERM.
With the change in the employees at different levels of the hierarchy and change in the regulations occurring, the organization should endeavor to keep its employees abreast of the requirement and repercussion of any failure to comply with the PIT Regulations and to avoid any inadvertence or negligence of the same.
* 16 CPE Hours
* IIA Training Material
* Certificate from IIA India.
- Define enterprise risk management and the nature of risk.
- Identify the relationship between enterprise risk management and strategy and objective setting.
- Learn how to identify, assess, prioritize, and respond to risks.
- Learn how to leverage information and technology to communicate risk information and report on risk and performance.
- Understand the importance of board risk oversight, establishing operating structures, and defining a culture that aligns with enterprise risk management integration and strategy and business objectives.
- Understand the importance of demonstrating commitment to core values and attracting, developing, and retaining capable Individuals in alignment with strategy and business objectives.
- Identify methods for assessing changes, reviewing risk and performance, and improving enterprise risk management.
- Viswanadh VNSS Kuchi
Chairman- Training Committee, IIA India
Immediate Past President, IIA Bangalore Chapter
- Seethalakshmi M
Partner, PKF Sridhar & Santhanam LLP
- Bhavani Jois
Associate Vice President and Head-Internal Audit and SOX, Infosys
Vice President, IIA Bangalore Chapter
- Krishnan Venugopal
Principal and Head of Internal Audit and SOX, Infosys BPM
Secretary, IIA Bangalore Chapter
- Enterprise risk management – A mindset
- Why embrace enterprise risk management?
- Support of the achievement of strategy, objectives, and performance
- Formulating business objectives
- Application at levels
- An integral part of decision making
- Frameworks and standards
- Analyzing business context
- Defining risk appetite
- Evaluating alternative strategies
- Formulating business objectives
- Complexity of risk
- Identifying risk
- Assessing the importance of risk
- Prioritizing risks
- Communicating assessment results
- Understanding the range of risk responses
- Selecting and developing risk responses
- Implementing risk responses
- Leveraging information and technology
- Communicating risk information
- Reporting on risk, culture, and performance
- Board oversight
- Operating structures
- Culture’s impact on risk management
- Demonstrating commitment to core values
- Attracting, developing, and retaining capable individuals
- Assessing substantial change
- Reviewing risk and performance
- Pursuing improvement in enterprise risk management