Date and Time:
November 24, 2011 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Hotel Crowne Plaza, New Delhi, India
Cross Border Investment Conclave
Achromic Point together with Amarchand Mangaldas is organizing a full day seminar on Cross Border Investment Conclave in New Delhi on 9th November 2011.
The Last decade witnessed India’s emergence as a significant player in the world economy. Indian overseas investment policies have been progressively liberalized and simplified to meet the changing needs of a growing economy. Corporate investments overseas into joint ventures and wholly-owned subsidiaries almost doubled to $5.5 billion in the April-June quarter this fiscal from $2.96 billion in the corresponding quarter a year ago, the prime jurisdictions being UAE, Mauritius, Hong Kong and USA. Total outbound financial commitments for the month of August, 2011 has been $2.3 billion. Considering the pace of growth of Outbound Investments from India, it is important to understand the concept and practical issues involved for Outbound Investments which are imperative for every company, professional and banker. The seminar intends to provide an insight into Outbound Investments inter alia including the following.
- Regulatory and tax overview of the Outbound investment scenario in India
- Strategic decisions for Outbound Investment
- Planning cross border acquisition / restructuring deals
- Negotiating Joint Ventures with foreign companies
- Assist in taking legal precautionary steps for Outbound investments
The seminar would be guided by top-notch decision-makers from legal and corporate world and would help exploring business opportunities in the Outbound Investment area.
The eminent speakers at this seminar are:
R N Dash (Guest Speaker) – Director General, International Taxation, Department of Revenue
- Aseem Chawla – Partner, Amarchand Mangaldas
- Raghubir Menon – Partner, Amarchand Mangaldas
- Lajpat Shrivastav – CEO, Moser Baer
- Kavita Rao* – Economist, National Institute of Public Finance & Policy
- Vikas Vig – Managing Partner, Mohinder Puri & Co. Chartered Accountants
- Anoop Kapoor – Finance Coordinator, BHP Billiton Marketing Services India Pvt. Ltd
- Amit Singhania – Affiliate Principal Consultant, Amarchand Mangaldas
- Sanjay K. Agarwal – Chairman, Direct Taxes Committee, ICAI
- Sujatha Ramanathan – Vice President Product Management, Global Payments & Cash Management HSBCHotel Crowne Plaza