Date and Time:
September 9, 2016 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Hotel Hilton, Mumbai, India
Achromic Point Events would proudly like to announce its association with Vaish Associates Advocates as its Knowledge Partner for its upcoming seminar on “Contract, Arbitration and Dispute Management” in the city of Mumbai on 9th September, 2016.
Over 85% of business transactions are governed by contracts and hence it is necessary that contracts be aligned with business expectations. It requires legal professionals to be well versed with the drafting techniques and expertise to foresee the risk and have futuristic thinking to handle contracts in the best interest of their organization.
This one day master class will address issues and challenges faced by in-house counsel, contract managers, procurement professionals and private practitioners in drafting, negotiating and managing contracts. Simultaneously, you will also be updated of the fall outs of having a poor contract and learn best practices to mitigate this risk.
Topics being covered:-
- What are Contracts, Documents and Agreements?
- Difference between Agreement and Contracts
- Overview of Indian Contract Act
- Types of Commercial Contracts
ART OF DRAFTING COMMERCIAL CONTRACT
- Role and Objective of Contract
- Legal Notions
- Requirement of Contract
- Structure of Contracts
- Typical Drafting Pitfalls
- Indemnity vs. Damages
- Why Indemnity?
- Specific Indemnity
- Limitation on Liability – The Fine Balance
- Escrow and Holdback
- Types of Disputes
- Forum of Dispute Resolution
- Law of Damages and specific Relief
- Insolvency Laws and Bankruptcy Laws
- Period of Limitation
DISPUTE SETTLEMENT (METHODS)
- Collaborative Law
- Arti Narsana – Principal Associate, Vaish Associates Advocates
- Melvyn Fernandes – Head Litigation, Vaish Associates Advocates