Date and Time:
July 9, 2016 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
India Habitat Center, India
Achromic Point and BRICS CCI along with our knowledge partner Deloitte would like to invite you for our upcoming “Conference on Anti Money Laundering” scheduled in New Delhi on 9th July 2016 at India Habitat Center.
This one day event will provide insight into the latest best practices, access to in-depth discussions of the AML Risk Management challenges that most affect your business while also facilitating an integration of global regulations and best practices for AML and Compliance.
Topics being covered
Keynote Address on “Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA)”
Managing Sanctions Compliance- Managing the reduction of IRAN sanctions (Via Video Conference)
- What does lifting of Iran sanctions actually mean?
- What are the key risks firms may face if re-entering the country?
- What role are financial institutions to play in the re-entry of Iran into global economy?
What is Fit-For-Purpose in the context of financial Crime Compliance (FCC)?
- How do financial institutions ensure they are meeting requirement in a way that is fit-for-purpose?
- How do they know what is enough?
- What are the biggest risks posed by cross-border compliance?
- What requirement do you think conflict the most across jurisdictions?
- In managing cross-border risks, do you apply a federal or centralized model?
Panel Discussion – Risk Management Strategies for banking third-party payment processors
- Conducting CDD to reveal any potential risks related to PEP exposure and sanctions requirements
- Reviewing KYC and AML policies to establish all regulatory requirement are met
- Applying robust risk-based account management principles to promptly spot and resolve red flags
- Sovereigns create their independent systems for monitoring of suspicious transactions. It is time to adopt uniform guidelines for monitoring of transactions and have global platforms for swift and decisive actions.
- Tracing the flow of funds and determining the actual beneficiary, and affixing liability thereon, is an important aspect to claw laundered funds. Recovery is dependent on co-operation across jurisdictions.
Chief Guest: HON’BLE MINISTER OF FINANCE
SHRI ARUN JAITLEY (INVITED)
- Karnal Singh – Director Enforcement Directorate, Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India
- D K Gupta – Special Director Enforcement Directorate, Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India
- Anil Agarwal – CA Advocate
- K V Karthik – Partner- Financial Advisory Deloitte
- Sajeve Deora – Director Integrated Capital Services Limited
- Rajeev Awasthi – Special Counsel for ED
- Shreyas Jayasimha – Advocate Aarna Law
- Radish Singh – Partner / Executive Director Forensic Services Deloitte Singapore
*More speakers from Govt. of India and Industry to join in