Date and Time:
May 14, 2015 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Hotel Hilton, India
With the constant success of our previous FEMA seminars, Achromic Point invites you to the “6th Annual FEMA Summit 2015” scheduled in Mumbai on 14th and 15th May with Knowledge Partners PwC and MPC Legal.
Indian overseas investment policies have been progressively liberalized and simplified to meet the changing needs of a growing economy. The policy, which evolved as one of the strategies for export promotion and for strengthening economic linkages with other countries, has expanded significantly in scope and size, especially after the introduction of Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999.
The Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) is a 1999 Indian law “to consolidate and amend the law relating to foreign exchange with the objective of facilitating external trade and payments and for promoting the orderly development and maintenance of foreign exchange market in India”. This act seeks to make offenses related to foreign exchange civil offenses. The enactment of FEMA also brought with it the Prevention of Money Laundering Act of 2002, which came into effect from 1 July 2005.
This two day event will provide an exclusive forum for participants to understand the FEMA Regulations, FDI Policy, AML framework and regulators view on various aspects of Anti money laundering compliance with topics on regulatory expectations, recent developments and new regulations in anti-money laundering compliance and discuss challenges faced by financial institutions presented by regulators, law enforcement professionals and anti-money laundering specialist.
- Key Aspects Under FEMA
- FDI Into India
- External Commercial Borrowing
- Overseas Direct Investment Recent Tax Proposal – Budgets Highlight
- Trasfer Pricing Challenges
- Exchane of Information – Recent Updates (UFIA)
- AML Audits: Need of the Time – relevance, benefits
- Cyber Security
- STR Data Analysis (Bank Level) and proactive investigation/ deeper dive-beyond paper based analysis: Investigative steps can include
- Trade Based Money Laundering: FIU/RBI/Enforcement Directorate to speak
- Data Quality: Challenges and Benefits of an Effective Data Management
- Panel Discussion
- Vikas Vig – Managing Partner, Mohinder Puri & Co., Chartered Accountants
- Aseem Chawla – Senior Partner, MPC Legal
- Faculty From PwC