INDIA - 07/03/2019
The Role Of Risk Analysis In Dispute And Litigation Management • Chennai
Achromic Point would like to invite you for our upcoming seminar on “The Role of Risk Analysis In Dispute and Litigation Management” along with “FTI Consulting” as Principal Sponsor and “Aarna Law Advocates” as our knowledge partner in Chennai on March 7, 2019 at Hotel Radisson GRT.
Risk Analysis In Dispute and Litigation Management is intended to provide management with an early, concise evaluation of the risks and costs associated with a particular piece of litigation –whether a plaintiff case or a defense case. Many of these cases settle after expensive discovery, all too often on the eve of trial; but many times the parties know or could have readily learned most of the key facts relevant to the dispute without incurring much of this expense.
This seminar works on the same path and intends to delegate the overall skillset of risk assessment in the events of dispute and litigation.
Program Outline (Indicative):-
Session - 1
TACKLING THE JURISDICTIONAL CHALLENGE
- Managing the potential risks and the consequences for dispute resolution
Session - 2
LITIGATION TACTICS AND HOW TO MANAGE YOUR DISPUTE RESOLUTION STRATEGY
Why isn’t there more innovation in dispute resolution? Moving away from a defensive strategy: using litigation as a source of revenue for the company?
- At what stage insolvency law can come as aid to assist in the asset recovery process
- A comparison of the litigation process and understanding the differences that really matter in today’s world
- With that understanding, how to choose the right dispute resolution mechanism for you
- Having chosen, how to tailor and manage that process to your best advantage
- What changes are on the horizon and how do you need to adapt now
Session - 3
USING INSOLVENCY PROCEDURES DURING LITIGATION TO MAXIMISE ASSET RECOVERIES
At the core of any piece of litigation is the ability to make recoveries. Increasingly, there are risks in enforcing Judgments and Arbitration Awards, particularly in multi-jurisdictional matters. This session explores how some of these risks can be alleviated or even negated at the very beginning of a dispute, whilst also touching on options for Enforcement when legal remedies have been exhausted. Discussion points include:
- What are the different insolvency processes which can assist with the asset recovery process
- How can these processes assist with recovering assets across borders?
- Case studies of insolvency processes being used effectively during litigation
Session - 4
SHAPING AND MANAGING YOUR RISK APPETITE
- Analyzing the evolving GC role and its broader skillset expectations: is the modern GC the guardian of the ethical risk or legal risk?
- Reputational damage and its far-reaching consequences: different businesses have different risk appetites, but do they always fully understand the long-term consequences of reputational damage and the risk they are willing to take?
- Given that the way litigation is being managed has changed over the years, with parties involved often using the media as a tool, how is this impacting your strategy and decision-making process?
Session - 5
ARBITRATION- ISSUES AND RECENT TRENDS
- Hitesh Mehra
General Counsel, Intellect Design Arena
*Speakers to join in from Aarna Law Advocates and industry.
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Hotel Radisson GRT, Chennai
Download Link : R&L brochure_V12.pdf