INDIA - 06/12/2011
Indirect Tax Symposium-2011
Achromic Point together with Deloitte is organizing a one day workshop on Indirect Tax in the city of New Delhi on 6th December 2011.
Indirect taxes in India have evolved significantly over the years with various reforms initiated by the Central and State Governments. The diversity and multiplicity of Indian indirect taxes poses considerable challenges to business enterprises in their day to day operations, more particularly in a globalized economy.Â Issues of ever changing tax legislations, multiplicity of taxes, risk management, stringent prosecution provisions linger in the minds of business managers. Thus there is a need to be abreast with the various indirect taxes and their impact in ones business.
During the past few years, several jurisdictions have made significant changes to their indirect tax legislation and it is necessary to develop an awareness of such changes as India embraces global best practices. The proposed GST system is also expected to incorporate certain key features of similar systems in other jurisdictions.
This symposium proposes to address some of the key tax challenges under different indirect tax legislations. The interactive sessions would enable an understanding of the current tax positions on some key issues, prevalent practices across industries and uncover the challenges expected in the proposed GST regime.
- Mr.Piet Vandendriessche, Global Head of Indirect Tax, Deloitte Global
- Mr.Fernand Rutten, Head- Customs and Global Trade, Deloitte Global
- Mr.Robert Tsang, Asia-Pacific Leader of Indirect Tax, Deloitte Singapore
- Mr.S.Thirumalai, Partner, Indirect Tax, Deloitte India
- Mr.Prashant Deshpande, Head of IndirectTax, Deloitte India
- Mr.M.S.Mani, Partner- Indirect Tax , Deloitte India
- Ms.Krupa Venkatesh, Partner- indirect Tax, Deloitte India
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hotel Eros Managed By Hilton, New Delhi
Download Link : ITS.pdf